Google Adsense

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Dangers Of Taking Diuretics To Relieve Fluid Retention

The Dangers Of Taking Diuretics To Relieve Fluid Retention



Fluid retention is becoming increasingly prevalent. It makes you gain weight, produces swellings of your abdomen, legs or ankles, or even your face or fingers. Breast tenderness can also indicate edema.
Lots of people on the internet are looking for advice on how to get rid of edema. There ' s lots of advice out there, but it is too basic. Fluid retention is a sign that your metabolism is in hindrance, and it can ' t be cured with rightful a bit of advice such as ' drink 2 litres of water a day ' or ' eat less piquancy '. And there are several types of fluid retention, so what is OK for one type may not be so good for aggrandized type.
What Does Your Doctor Prescribe?
Some types of fluid retention respond very well to medicines. These medicines are called ' water pills ' or diuretic medicines. They work by forcing your kidneys - which remove fluid from your blood and produce urine - to work harder. Several ordinary beverages are natural diuretics, including tea, coffee and alcohol. Alcohol is an especially powerful diuretic.
If you are thinking of taking diuretic medicines for fluid retention, here ' s some important advice. First check with your health care provider to certify that your heart, liver and kidneys are healthy. Some people have fluid retention as a proceeds of problems with these organs. If this is the situation, wherefore do postdate your doctor ' s advice.
But if you are in good health, you will trivial get the all - clear. Your doctor may respond that your edema is ' idiopathic edema ' or ( if it mostly affects your legs and ankles ) ' chronic venous insufficiency ' ( CVI ). He or daughter may suggest that you take diuretics, but before you accept these medicines, do pry into this: ' If I don ' t take the prescription is there any risk to my health? ' If your health care provider says ' No ' for it ' s better to get contemporary on a diet instead to control your edema. Diuretic drugs are the erratic treatment for idiopathic edema, chronic venous insufficiency and for edema associated with the menstrual cycle. They might seem to help it, but can actually make it worse.
A Letter From A Reader
Here ' s a letter I got from a instructor; this problem is only too common.
It extremity have been about 3 years ago my body commenced to retain water so I coeval on water pills, every day. After I in process to take them my body got used to them and I couldn ' t stop taking them. Now they are production me much worse. I take 4 pills every day. If I don ' t take them for conscientious one day, my eyes swell up and my abdomen gets really big. Especially my eyes get really bad. I don ' t have any condition which will surpass to fluid retention. So I suppose I ' ll have to stop the pills. I ' d really like to know, how running will it take for me to get healthy also? Will I lose the weight I have gained considering of my edema? When will my eye puffiness be gone? I ' m really worried.
Please be warned. The inducement diuretic drugs can be harmful is that they can extract so most water from your blood that it gets dehydrated. Exactly, your blood can be dehydrated even if your body ' s tissues are full of water. Diuretics are not striking to extract water from your tissues where all the excess water is being retained.
When you take diuretic medicines you think you are losing edema considering you pee more, but this water is from your blood, not from the waterlogged tissues. Dehydrating your blood is harmful, so your body learns to purchase on to even more water in system to protect itself. That ' s why the countess who wrote to me was puffing up so badly every time canary tried to stop the pills.
Your blood only has too much water if a heart, liver or kidney problem is diagnosed by your doctor. In other cases the amount of water in your blood is natural, so you should not try to reduce it with diuretic drugs, not even herbal ones.
What Are The Alternatives?
There is no substitute for finding out what ' s causing your edema and eliminating the cause. Causes of fluid retention enclose eating the unsubstantial foods, developing semi - averse reactions to certain foods, not eating enough of the right foods such as dark low and come-hither fruits, not getting enough vitamins and minerals, not getting enough exercise, consuming too much zest, not drinking enough water, and so on.
Do be careful. If your edema problem is chronic, don ' t consider inventing your own diuretic diet. You can spend a very faraway time not getting very far if you don ' t have the necessary learning. First check out the recommended website to get the education you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment